Total Pageviews

Wednesday 17 January 2018

Legio Gryphonicus Warhound Filum Sector (with banners)

I am holding off on the Legio banners as they are going to be more work than I want to do for the titans right now. I think I need a bit of a break from such a large project.

The banners for Filum Sector include the two Kill Banners hanging from the weapons and the Honour Banner hanging between the legs. As I had modeled the Warhound as if it is stalking forward I wanted the banners to contribute to the impression of forward movement.

Originally I was going to use fine chain to hang the banners but did not like the options I can up with to get them to hang backwards as if being blown by wind. in truth some low viscosity superglue probably could have provided a fine enough coating to hold the chains in place but I decided to go a different route. Years ago I had purchased some cheap bracelets that were essentially fine metallic springs. So I used wire stock to pin the banners in place and then slid a sheath of wire coil around this to give it a more cabled look. The Kill banners are hanging by magnets and can be easily removed for transport. The Honour Banner is glued in.

Both titans still require decals but again, I want a break from this. This was also a good excuse to try out the new lighting rig I ordered. It can be used for miniature photography too and it seems to have worked fairly well.








No comments:

Post a Comment