Total Pageviews

Wednesday 17 January 2018

Legio Gryphonicus Reaver Ferrum Ira (banners)

I actually used chain to mount these banners. the hooks on the banner bars are made from the same pinning stock I used to mount Filum Sector's banners. Since Ferrum Ira had a more menacing, shooting pose I felt it would add to the model to have the banners hanging down and looking like they are being rippled by a slow breeze as the titan takes aim.

The Honour Banner hangs a little low but I am not looking forward to trying to re-hook the banner so it is staying there. I expect that it would make a persistence knocking sound as the titan moved. I had thought of a story about a previous Princeps, Devram Soluhn, who had ordered the banner raised prior to his first outing as commander of Ferrum Ira. Unfortunately a series of explosions in a promethium refinery overloaded Ferrum's void shields, meaning that the wild Macro Canon shot fired from an enemy engine encountered no resistance as it traveled straight at the titans cockpit. The entire crew was lost in that single shot, and Ferrum Ira was left as battlefield wreckage until the campaign had been won and it was retrieved and refitted. Pallox Mourve, the current Princeps, had the  banner returned to it's traditional position, fearing that the machine's spirit had been insulted by the actions of the previous Princeps. That single battle with Devram Soluhn is the only time Ferrum Ira had fallen in battle.

I have yet to change the Titan's name on the leg and put it on the scroll work on the carapace. Still this beast is table-top ready. Now will I ever get a chance to field it?
Probably not but I am happy with how my titan maniple has turned out.










No comments:

Post a Comment