I made some changes to the colour scheme of the armored chest piece to bring it more in line with the rest of the paint. I wanted to put less yellow than the previous Contemptor just to give the model a different feel.
I am still debating about what to do with the currently black surface of the Blizzard Shield. Right now the idea that is winning is to put a large red arrow pointing up with the wolf icon at its apex. Admittedly this idea may be inspired by the incessant re-watching of the movie "300: Rise of an Empire" that I have done while painting the dreads. And I could watch it again. It's not really a great movie, I just find it entertaining for some reason.I think a bright band of red across the shield would make it look a
lot more interesting. And if not then black easily covers up red.
Anyway as you can see I have made some progress on the axe blade and the runes on the weapon and shield. Once the main colours are down I will attempt an OSL effect around the runes.
I did one coat of spray fix and managed to over spray some parts of the head of the model but repaired that so the frosted parts are no longer apparent.