Total Pageviews

Monday 23 November 2015

Warhound Titan (Legio Gryphonicus)

It has been a looong time. Stuff happened in that time. I won't waste any more of it.

So have been playing a bit more lately but I have had a desire to finish a large project and the Mars Pattern Warhound was beckoning. So over the last few weeks I have been slowly getting this beast going. It was rather intimidating at first considering the part count, and magnetizing the guns was a bit of a challenge. But I like the way the project is shaping up.

So I have had a thing for grey and yellow livery for a while now, explaining my enduring fascination with the Space Wolves. Heck my first Blood Bowl team were called the Dwarf Warhammerers, and they were in grey and yellow too.

Adeptus Titanicus was the first GW games I ever played and the War Griffons immediately caught my attention. So I had always intended to paint any titans in the legio colours. However I am focusing on a richer palate for the yellows and blues and keeping the mottled pattern as shown in the original War Griffons colour pages from the AT game booklet.

Lets start with assembling the legs and making a base. The base design was inspired by the fact that I screwed up the leg assembly so that when connected at the hip, the feet were not on the same level. So I used some mdf board scraps I had lying around to add a level to the floor beneath the rear-most leg. I avoided using any wreckage or organic shapes to simulate the titan stepping off the disembarkation ramp of it's transport....or some such thing.

P.S.

Other projects have had some minor advancements in the meantime, including some small progress on the landing bay and some progress on a Wolves list that will not be at Astro Winnipeg this year. Right now though I am enjoying bringing this behemoth to life.








No comments:

Post a Comment