Total Pageviews

Friday 12 February 2016

Warhound Titan (Legio Gryphonicus) Carapace Base Tones: The Grey

So I have rather meekly started painting the Warhound again. In truth I am planning on devoting some time to getting significant progress done this weekend.

The grey mottled carapace that was the original colour scheme is currently proving to be a bit daunting. I am pleased with the grey tones as they are now. They are effectively dry brushed in various shades and the roughness of the transitions gives at least some of the impression of that mottled scheme. However doing the full mottled scheme involves doing considerable work over that base and could ruin the work I have done.

I know it is a wussy excuse as I have already proven I can do this and could probably do it again and probably better. Also the actual scheme is also a much lighter tone than what I have done and so I will still probably work this to a much lighter scheme although I am sticking with the grey palette that I have been using.

Still I am progressing on to the metallics as I screw up what I laughably call my courage ( or rather my dedication to perfection...that sounds a lot better).








No comments:

Post a Comment