Total Pageviews

Monday, 1 February 2016

Launch Bay: Launch cradle and little details

I am concluding work on the central structure. It is done because I am. Seriously though it is starting to become a make work project. There is a lot I would still like to do but it will add a lot of work while either adding nothing at all to the functionality of the board or will interfere with it's play-ability. I added a few heftier resin pieces to the far end of the building to balance out the extended platforms some more and started adding light pieces (also cast in resin) just to add detail to some of the walkways. In all I am mostly ready to prime this beast but or rather frigid temperatures will not allow this for roughly a couple of months.

The weekend was rather busy so I did not have enough time to do any serious work on the board. I did get started detailing one of the launch cradles (and now the only launch cradle). It is mainly made of sprue with some plastic and metal tubing. I have started adding pieces of card to fill in some spaces and to provide anchor points for detail pieces. I then started adding parts that I had cast to add some techy details to it, including a pair of engines from a Caestus Assault Ram model.

The last bit to do on the whole table is to add tubing and piping to the teleporter board section. I am hoping to make the lowered portions a bit busier to make it look like the machinery have been exposed by removing panels from the floor. Then again I may just say screw it and get back to painting the warhound. Filum Sector is sitting on the shelf staring forlornly at me after I made a strong start on it. Soon baby, soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment