a) It needs to get done some day. Why not now.
b) It will be on a table infrequently anyway so why kill myself over it now.
c) I can always go back to it if I ever feel my hobby work load is too light.
So painting work has started to prep the beastie for an Apocalypse game for next weekend.
These are crappy iPhone shots but the general idea is communicated well enough. I have added 4 lash whips underneath in the form of a heavier looking set of tentacles that are capped with the end bit from a Hive Tyrant's tail. I modeled the piece with wire and greenstuff, then made a mold and attempted to cast it. Two of the casts were ok, while the rest were incomplete due to air pockets in the mold. I made do and the results will look great once final assembly is done.